wiiuse Forums

Last visit was: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:40 pm It is currently Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wing Commander Arcade
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:03 pm 

Wing Commander Arcade (WCA) is a fan based 2D arcade shooter that can be compared to games like Tyrian and Raptor but which now take place in the 'Wing Commander' universe.

A month ago I discovered the existence of the Wiiuse API and I started to add/change code of our WCA project in such a way that it uses the standard button actions of the Wii-mote and the motion sensor data to move the ship (roll/pitch)

The hard part was to get rid of the delays when the motion sensor is activated. Using a different thread for polling the Wiimote finally fixed this problem. Unfortunately, WCA using Wiiuse is still not stable in combination with the sound library that we use (FMOD). We will continue to investigate this problem.

The project website: index.php?menuitem=wca

From this website the 'playable demo' of WCA can be downloaded. Furthermore screenshots and a bunch of videos are also available on the site. Finally I would like to emphasize that this is a fanproject and we have no commercial intensions with WCA.

I hope you enjoy Wing Commander Arcade! :twisted:

Mark Smids
QDQP-Software

Post subject: Re: Wing Commander Arcade
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:38 pm 

I have received a number of questions regarding the use of a seperate thread for polling the wii-mote in my project. I used windows threads (CreateThread) which worked fine for me. An example of creating a seperate thread in C (As I did in my project) can be found *here*

Post subject: Re: Wing Commander Arcade
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:29 pm 
Developer

Looks nice, keep up the good work :)

[ 3 posts ]